Learn to Loom Band for Beginners
Learn to Loom Band with our Step-by-Step Lessons in Looming. This really is a simple craft, once you learn a couple of simple tips and tricks. Our main problem when learning to loom was trying not to twist the bands on the first bracelet we made. Once we got the idea that to twist or not is a key part of how the bracelet turns out, we were off!
Other tips to learn to Loom Band if you are a beginner are
- Be organised- Set out your loom bands in coloured piles so you don’t get confused.
- Use a Pattern Organiser, so you can follow videos simply- this is a piece of paper with a grid pattern for you to place your bands.
- Be careful which way your loom is facing when you start- The Rainbow Loom has clear directional arrows which helps a lot, with other loom kit you need to watch which way up the pegs are facing. Do they make a ‘C’ shape or a ‘U’ shape? This is helpful when you come to pull the bands over each other.
- Make sure you know if you are supposed to be twisting your hook or not as you lift the loom bands over each other. The end result should be a tear drop shape around the peg.
- Fastening the ‘C’ or ‘S’ clips is rather fiddly. It doesn’t really matter which clip you use they are both as fiddly as each other. As you learn to loom band this will get easier and little fingers do it much better than adult ones!
You too will soon be creating your own patterns and mixing colours to produce your own fantastic personalised jewellery.